Monday, May 2, 2011

"Peggy"



I love earrings.  Honestly, love might be an understatement.  I love them big and, whenever possible, shoulder dusting. I don't wear make-up, and I turned my back on the hair salon a long time ago.  So, every day, after I've showered, brushed my teeth (and my hair), and gotten dressed, I look through my stash for the right pair of earrings to pull every thing together.  There are pairs that I hold as favorites and wear most often, some that I haven't worn in a long time but wouldn't think of parting with, others that I have acquired fairly recently and added to my regular rotation.  All of my earrings, self-made or otherwise, are dear to me.  Sort of like my family or closest girlfriends. 

The truth is, the majority of the people I hold near and dear are far away.  While I'm not saying that having my earrings around makes up for this fact, I have decided to combine my love for earrings with my love for the wonderful women who are my family and those who may as well be family.  In my Etsy shop, I've changed the names of my "made to order" earrings to reflect these women, and I will reveal them one by one.  Today, I introduce you to "Peggy" (or as my brother and I know her, Mama).  She is strong, resilient, and conservative to a point.  She is someone you can count on when you need someone to count on.  Though she is a no-nonsense kind of woman, she has just the right amount of tempered, unfussy sweetness (click on each highlighted color below for the Etsy listing).


 The "Peggy" in red


The "Peggy" in blue


The "Peggy" in metallic silver

No comments: