Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Essence of Inspiration

 October 2011 issue of Essence featuring our lovely FLOTUS.

I apologize for the corny blog title, but it honestly sums up the topic of this post (okay, so I'm not always that creative).  Before I get into things, I have to issue a disclaimer.  I am, by nature, quite cynical and sarcastic, especially when it comes to fashion and its trends.  I love clothes, style, and shopping just like the next girl, but I'm not one to go on about labels, who-wore-what, and things of that nature.  But then I opened the latest issue of Essence, turned to pg. 32, and saw this...


How adorable are these two ladies with their personalized fedoras! I've wanted one for a while and finally bought one this summer.  I love it as is, but seeing this made me want to add my own little touch.  I know I couldn't pull off what the above ladies have done.  I remembered several vintage brooches that were collecting dust in my supply bin, and I tried out each one until I was satisfied with the look, position, and feel of one.  Here is the end result...what do you think?!




(Photos taken by me: 1 and 2 from Essence ; 3 from me)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Needing a personalized fedora.. now!

xx Cristina

Anonymous said...

Love this hat - and that you seized the moment of inspiration! Isn't that satisfying? xo Briar

Tyra said...

Oh, Briar! Thanks so much for stopping over :-). It was definitely a fun process!