Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Studio Tour...Sort Of

I live in New York City.  This...
The final project in Drawing I was to sketch a room as viewed from another. 

is my apartment, well part of it anyway.  I won't pretend that I am familiar with square footages.  What's missing from this view of my "living room" from my bedroom is about one third of the couch and a 2ft wide end table to left (the television fits in some where).  To the right of the chair, is my husband's makeshift music studio (yes, two creatives live here), a very tiny kitchen area, and the bathroom.  I have turned the few leftover corners into my work space.
It's not normally this neat!


My flex shaft is drilled into what used to be a sewing machine table (yes, I used to have one).


Standard plastic trays for beads and components.



I converted a jewelry display tray into a tray for my hand tools!


These fabric trays were my attempt at "branding."
What's not pictured, is my set up for taking shop photos , but it's not that interesting a space (and a girl needs to retain some mystery)! By the way, that's a copy of Erica Domesek's P.S. I Made This on my work table.  She has some great projects for sprucing up household items.  Anyway, how have others of you carved out a work area in a small living space?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My desk looks sort of like this, too. Wedged into one corner of the living room and stacked high with potions...Working in a small space can be great for creativity and efficiency, you have to learn how to deal with it and that alone makes you think more creatively!