Thursday, March 10, 2011

Teamie of the Week

It's Thursday, and my Internet connection has found itself again.  I've decided to use today and every Thursday hereafter to showcase the Etsy treasury.  Anyone who knows anything about Etsy knows about the very popular and coveted Front Page Treasury, a beautiful arrangement of sixteen items from sixteen different shops that sets a mood for the shopper.  Getting to the front page means increased visibility (and possible sales) for the creator of the treasury and for those featured.  Recently, the Etsy admins have made it possible for everyone, even shoppers, to make treasuries.  Though I have yet to make it to the front page as either a curator or as one of the sixteen features, I find that the process of making treasuries is a great creative activity.  There are some really talented artists and creators on Etsy, and it's really great to build a story or mood with their seemingly unrelated items. 

While I will be sharing the treasuries that I make, I want to start this installment of Treasury Thursday with a few treasuries made by members of the 5 Boroughs Team, a group of artists and designers who, like me, live in New York City.  I'm involved with a few teams on Etsy whose goals are to make treasuries, support team member shops, and increase sales, but I feel a greater since of commitment and genuineness from the 5Bs that I don't feel from the others.  Besides, I'm the "Teamie of the Week", which means my jewelry will be featured in a lot of team treasuries for the week (everyone will have the chance to be "teamie of the week" and as a team member you don't have to feature the "teamie" in your treasuries, but it's nice to)  So far, all the treasuries are great










No comments: